history please help IMPERIALISM AND THE PROGRESSIVE ERA ????
paul123 Asked: history please help IMPERIALISM AND THE PROGRESSIVE ERA ????
1. After the Spanish-American War, the _______ reserved the right of the United States to intervene in
Cuba's internal affairs.
A. Foraker Act
B. Caribbean Accord
C. Platt Amendment
D. Open Door policy
2. In 1916, Woodrow Wilson ordered General John J. Pershing to lead U.S. troops into Mexico to capture
A. Pancho Villa.
B. Porfirio Diaz.
C. Francisco Madero.
D. Victoriana Huerta.
3. The _______ demanded that Latin American countries keep their financial affairs on order or risk
intervention by the United States.
A. Good Neighbor Policy
B. Roosevelt Corollary
C. Monroe Doctrine
D. Knox Policy
4. With the vital assistance of _______, Theodore Roosevelt established the first comprehensive national
A. Samuel Hopkins Adams
B. William Howard Taft
C. Gifford Pinchot
D. Upton Sinclair
5. In 1893, the Cleveland administration's repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act
A. brought immediate relief to people suffering under the 1893 depression.
B. empowered conservative Democrats.
C. caused the value of currency to contract.
D. had no long-term possibility of reviving the depressed economy.
6. Which of the following statements is most accurate regarding America's political climate between 1876
A. The party that won the presidential election also controlled Congress.
B. Southern states tended to vote Republican.
C. Little political power or influence was left to the states.
D. The influence of the president over Congress diminished.
7. Which of the following groups benefitted the least from the prosperity of the second industrial
A. Factory workers
B. Railroad workers
C. Textile workers
8. Theodore Roosevelt's first major trust-busting victory resulted from a suit brought against
A. the American Tobacco Company.
B. Standard Oil.
C. the DuPont Corporation.
D. the Northern Securities Company.
9. Following the Spanish-American War, and especially in regard to American occupation of the
Philippines, most anti-imperialists argued that
A. installing tyranny abroad would encourage tyranny at home.
B. the occupation would lead to unhealthy racial mixing.
C. because all war was immoral, the fruits of war were tainted.
D. cheap, imported Filipino laborers would take American jobs.
10. Among the legislative acts passed during Franklin Roosevelt's first 100 days, which one gave relief to
artists, actors, and writers?
A. Tennessee Valley Authority
B. Civilian Conservation Corps
C. National Recovery Administration
D. Works Progress Administration
11. During the Great War, the Food Administration was headed by
A. Samuel Gompers.
B. Bernard Baruch.
C. Felix Frankfurter.
D. Herbert Hoover.
12. Passed in 1935, Roosevelt's most significant reform measure was the
A. Wagner Act.
B. Social Security Act.
C. Fair Labor Standards Act.
D. National Labor Relations Board.
13. Which of the following is true of the Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty?
A. It granted the United States a canal zone in the Isthmus of Panama.
B. It was intended to restore friendly relations between the United States and Colombia.
C. It laid out the terms for the purchase of Panama from Colombia.
D. It declared Panamanian independence.
14. In the election of 1912, Teddy Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party platform was built around what he called
A. Square Deal.
B. New Freedom.
C. New Nationalism.
D. Fair Deal.
15. Which of the following is true of the Industrial Workers of the World (I.W.W.)?
A. It had very little influence over the labor movement.
B. It was devoted to organizing highly skilled immigrant workers.
C. It made business leaders create new methods to deal with labor issues.
D. It was founded in Russia.
16. Which of the following is true of the Spanish-American War?
A. Racial tensions were suspended for the duration of the war.
B. The black soldiers who fought had gained experience and distinction during the Indian Wars.
C. About one in ten American soldiers were black.
D. Black soldiers referred to black Cubans as "Smoked Spaniards."
17. Before 1910, the most popular form of public entertainment was
A. band concerts.
B. ballroom dancing.
C. viewing motion pictures.
18. As its intellectual voice, ______ became the leader of the Harlem Renaissance.
A. W. E. B. Du Bois
B. James Weldon Johnson
C. H. L. Mencken
D. Claude McKay
19. The last of Wilson's Fourteen Points called for
A. the establishment of an independent Poland.
B. Belgian neutrality.
C. the creation of a League of Nations.
D. heavy reparations to be assessed against germany
20. _______ pioneered the field of corporate public relations.
A. Samuel Gompers
B. Henry Ford
C. Margaret Robins
D. Ivy. L. Lee
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- the _______ demanded that latin american countries keep their financial affairs on order or risk intervention by the united states
- among the legislative acts passed during franklin roosevelt’s first term as president which one gave relief to artists actors and writers?
- Among the legislative acts passed during Franklin Roosevelt first term as president which one gave relief to artists actors and writers?
- Which of the following statements is most accurate regarding Americas political climate between 1876 and 1896?
- Among the legislative acts passed during Franklin Roosevelt’s first term as president which one gave relief to artists actors and writers
- following the spanish-american war and especially in regard to american occupation of the philippines most anti-imperialists argued that
- the _______ demanded that latin american countries keep their financial affairs on order or risk